Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Writing and Technology

Technology has changed the writing process. Many students are skipping the rough draft step in the writing process. They skip right to publishing. Drafting on a computer is much easier then on paper. Students are able to edit and and proofread easier. I think that this could be a mistake. I think that students need to plan their writing before they begin to draft on a computer. There are several ways to use a computer to do this. Inspiration is a great program that students could use to make a web or outline of what they intend to write.

1 comment:

April said...

You're right about making sure that we teach the process of writing when using a computer. I catch myself often sitting down at the computer to compose parent letters or newsletters and have no idea what I want to say. I can only imagine how overwhelming that can be for a kid. I like that you used Kidspiration and Inspiration for students to use technology in the planning process as well.